Montclare 2020 Kindergarten Exmissions Results
VIEW EXMISSIONS RESULTS – HERE
Montclare’s enriched curriculum provides our students with a love of learning and the skills children need to excel in Kindergarten. We are committed to supporting and guiding our families through the ongoing-school, exmissions process. Since 2000, we have developed strong relationships with the ongoing independent schools in New York City and are well-versed in the various G&T and other public school options. Montclare’s excellent exmissions results are a testament to that fact.
Mimi Dupuis, our in-house Director of Exmissions, brings her in-depth knowledge of both the independent and public school programs to inform and guide parents every step of the way. Montclare’s multi-tiered approach to Exmissions includes various Parent Education opportunities such as; seminars, interactive workshops, and open-ended Q&A coffees help parents learn more about what to expect and how to proceed. Some highlights are:
- Life After Montclare: the Exmissions Process: Montclare offers a yearly seminar in which we cover every aspect of applying out to public, G&T, and private Kindergarten programs
- Public Schools: G&T Testing and the Kindergarten Application: A seminar which focuses on public school applications, Hunter College Elementary School, and trends in G&T testing
- PA Exmissions Fair: Each spring our Parents Association invites the parents of Montclare graduates to represent the ongoing schools they chose for their children. This is a wonderful opportunity for our parents to learn more about the different ongoing school options directly from parents of children in those schools
- Private Consultation: In the spring before they begin applying to Kindergarten programs, families have the opportunity to schedule a one-on-one consultation with our Director and Director of Exmissions to further discuss the Exmissions process and create a comprehensive approach tailored to their child and family. Follow-up consultations are available throughout the following year.
- Kindergarten Update Email Subscription Service: Montclare provides this subscription email service to our K-eligible exmitting families. School Search NYC Update provides comprehensive and up-to-date emails from public schools guru, Robin Aronow, keeping our families well informed of their public school options. These emails are critical to ensuring that parents have the information, including deadlines, they need to tour and test for the best public school programs in NYC.
- Curriculum, Assessment, & Feedback: We work diligently to ensure that our curriculum provides the tools to support Kindergarten Readiness. Montclare faculty get to know our students from the time they enter our school, tracking development, and proving feedback and support to our families. This allows us, when the times comes, to recommend and discuss the optimum school options for a successful ongoing-school experience.
Montclare Students attend the following independent schools:
Allen-Stevenson · Avenues · Bank Street · Basis Independent · Brearley · Browning · Buckley · Calhoun · Cathedral · Chapin · Collegiate · Columbia Grammar · Convent of the Sacred Heart · Dalton · Dwight · Ethical Culture · Fieldston Lower · Friends Seminary · Gateway School · Geneva School · Grace Church · Hewitt · Horace Mann · Hunter College Elementary · Leman Manhattan Prep · Little Red Schoolhouse · Lycée Français de NY · Lyceum Kennedy · Manhattan Country · Marymount · Nightingale-Bamford · Nord Anglia · Riverdale Country · Rodeph Sholom · Sacred Heart · School at Columbia University · Spence · Speyer School · St. Ann’s · St. Bernard’s · St. David’s · St. Hilda & St. Hugh’s · St. Ignatius Loyola · Stephen Gaynor · Town School · Trevor Day · Trinity · UNIS · Wetherby-Pembridge
Montclare Students attend the following Public G&T programs:
Anderson · TAG Young Scholars · NEST+M · PS 166 · PS 163 · Hunter