Montclare Children’s School
Established in 2000
Nestled in a beautiful landmark building on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, Montclare Children’s School’s community reflects our international and culturally diverse Upper West Side neighborhood. Located on 96th Street and Amsterdam Avenue, Montclare provides a dedicated and nurturing team of early childhood educators in each classroom. Our enriched, balanced curriculum and primarily teacher-guided approach embrace the whole child promoting the highest levels of cognitive, social, emotional and physical and ethical development, in a secure, stimulating, playful learning environment. At Montclare we believe that a supportive preschool setting encourages independence, optimal learning and Kindergarten readiness.
We are a strong community at Montclare, and when you come to our school, we want to be an extension of your family. We instill values like friendship and a positive self-image, so every child feels comfortable and welcome and can focus on learning. At Montclare Children’s School, we believe in and value the principles of inclusion, diversity, respect for all people, and kindness. Learn more about Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Kindness.
Our Professional Affiliations
- PARENTS LEAGUE OF NY – Parents League of New York
- ISAAGNY – Independent Schools Admissions Association of NY
- NAIS – National Association of Independent Schools
- ECIS – Educational Collaborative for International Schools
- NAEYC – National Association for the Education of Young Children
- MSA – Middle States Association Accredited
- NYSAIS – New York State Association of Independent Schools
Are you looking for an exceptional preschool where your child can thrive? At Montclare Children’s School, we believe that each child is unique and should be cared for, taught and supported to thrive in his/her own way, at his/her own pace. That’s why we create a safe, fun and nurturing environment where each child can develop and learn in order to build a bright future. Now, more than ever, children need to attend the right school to develop the skills necessary to excel in Kindergarten and beyond.
- Balanced Curriculum for an Exceptional Education
- Located in a Premier Building on the Upper West Side
- Dedicated Kindergarten Placement Director
- Serving Families for More Than 20 Years
- We Build Independence and Confidence So Our Children Can Have a Bright Future
- A Strong Community of Families
If you would like to learn more about how Montclare can help your child thrive, contact us today.
Baby Beluga recorded with our music teacher and sung by an enthusiastic group of Montclare students!